Indigenous in Music Sponsorship Contract
Underwriting announcements on public radio create a “halo effect” for sponsors and convey integrity social responsibility and high-quality products.
- 80% have more positive opinion of a company when it supports public radio
- 90% to pick a direct action as a result of here in a sponsorship message
- 75% say when all else equal they prefer to buy from a public radio sponsor
Unique Marketing Tool
Public radio programming is unique among radio stations your message could be tailored to stand out on this unique medium
Public radio listeners are passionate and loyal – they spend their own money to support the programming, they are actually thankful you support their favorite programming.
Your message doesn’t get lost in a sea of other advertisers. The uncluttered environment leads to more active listening.
Reach your Target
Your message reaches the influential people in the community; opinion leader; decision makers; business leaders; A specific audience can also be targeted by the content of the program.
The trust that the audience has in its radio station is transferred to you and your business.
What’s the difference between commercial radio and public radio?
- Public radio differs from commercial radio in several ways:
- Public radio is nonprofit
- Public radio produces and distributes primarily educational cultural and informational programs
- Public radio may except gifts, grants, donations and contributions for the production, acquisition and broadcast of those programs
What’s the difference between underwriting announcements and commercials?
- Underwriting is a way of supporting public radio and introducing your business to our listeners. More than just a commercial announcement, underwriting makes it clear that programming would not exist without the sponsor’s support – something the audience notices and appreciates.
- Underwriting announcements (15 seconds in length) have to maintain a “non-commercial” feel and may include a business name, a brief description of the business or service and location/contact information.
Can underwriting be used as a tax write off?
Do we need to send you pre-recorded underwriting spots?
- No, we produce all spots in our studios with a professional on-air talent. You may submit your own copy – we put it all together for you at no charge.
What kind of language can we use in our announcement?
- Established slogans or logograms that identify the underwriter, but are not overly promotional, and which do not refer to a specific product or service.
- Factual, value-neutral descriptions of a sponsor or its products or services.
- Internet addresses and dates for specific events, performances or appearances.
What kind of Language is not allowed?
- Any language that is promotional in nature.
- Language that is qualitative or comparative, or statements based directly or indirectly on someone’s opinion.
- Language that could be perceived as an IinM advocacy position.
- A call to action to consume a product or service, or inducement to buy, sell, rent or lease.
- Pricing information or indication of associated savings or value.
Can we use more that one messaging campaign for our broadcast flight?
- Certainly. You may submit entirely different pieces of copy that can be rotated over the course of your broadcast flight in order to convey different messages.
What time does IinM play?
- IinM is played twice daily on our flag ship station, Native Voice One, The Native American Radio Network at NV!.org and throughout the week at different times, on different stations, throughout the United States and Canada.