June 6th, 2023
LIVE @ The National Arts Centre, Ottawa
2 International Categories – 13 Self-Nomination Categories – 1 Legacy Award
Featuring live performances by:
Tickets on Sale NOW!
Awards Show: $20
VIP Tickets: $75
(Includes best seats in the house, pre-show reception
and a special sneak peak performance. More info below.)
VIP Ticket Holders Get Access to:
VIP Performance by Aysanabee
Catch a sneak peak of Aysanabee, a talented Oji-Cree leading the SSIMAs with 6 nominations.
VIP Pre-Show Reception
NDN Taco Station
Corn meal dusted white fish tacos, with crispy shallots, corn and black bean salsa, sweetgrass and chili remoulade, julienned lettuce.
- Lightly smoked bison tataki w/ gingerroot & birch glaze
- Cured Arctic Char on spiced bannock w/ pickled fiddlehead greens
- Wild rice & corn fritters w/ cranberry jam
- Forest mushroom panisse w/ blistered cherry tomato & shallot relish
- Sweetgrass and Strawberry Water (Chilled)
- Blueberry Labrador Iced Tea (Chilled)
- Non Alcoholic Sparkling Wine
About Chef Chris
Mohawk Chef Chris Commandant, originally from the Wahta Haudenosaunee community, is a graduate from Le Cordon Bleu Paris and owner of Otsenha Indigenous Culinary Solutions, bringing three decades of industry experience. Commandant served as the coordinator for Algonquin College’s Indigenous Cook Pre-Apprenticeship Program and actively supports the Ottawa Carleton District School Board with Indigenous food education development. As an Indigenous Food Knowledge Keeper, Commandant is especially passionate about sharing the history and values passed onto him from his ancestors with Indigenous community members and allies.