Indigenous in Music and Arts (IIMA) is seeking Indigenous artists to exhibit in our on-line Virtual Gallery. Three artists will be selected to have a solo exhibition of 10-15 pieces for a 10-week period to both show and sell their artwork.
- Work of all mediums may be submitted.
- Artist must meet requirements of the Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990.
- There is no fee to apply.
- Artist Biography – up to 200 – 300 words.
- Artist Statement – up to 200 – 300 words.
- 4 High-resolution photos or videos of work to be exhibited.
- Images can be emailed to [email protected] or burned onto a CD and mailed to IIMA (CD will not be returned).
- CDs must be labeled (with a permanent marker): Artist Name, Date, Tribe, and Medium
Notification of Acceptance:
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for future shows past deadline date.
- Applications will be reviewed for the following year.
If selected to exhibit in our Virtual Gallery, the following is a list of what can be expected between the IIMA and the selected artist.
The Indigenous in Music and Arts will provide:
- Collaboration on curation and installation.
- Marketing and promotions for the exhibit.
- Collaboration opportunity with IIMA to produce and sell merchandise.
- Announcements on our radio program.
The Artist Will Provide:
- Artist bio, statement, high-def photos of the artwork that can be used for on-line exhibit, invitations, and marketing content.
- Provide title, dimension, medium, framed or unframed and price.
- Communication with IIMA staff on installation.